The Boneyard Net
Records for 2019-12-25, 22:00 PDT
Tonight's Questions and Answers:
- What year did Santa Claus start wearing a primarily red and white suit?
- a) 1945
- b) 1972
- c) 1931 ****
- d) 1892
- [SIDE NOTE : Santa's had a wide range of colorful outfits over the years—green, brown, blue, and even tan—but it's only been since 1931 that he's known to wear primarily a red-and-white suit. It's all thanks to the Coca-Cola company, which used Santa in the early 30s to sell Coke products, and of course dressed him in the brand's trademark colors. It's been that way ever since, and Santa continues to be one of the centerpiece of Coke's holiday advertising campaign.
- How do you spell Hanukkah ?
- a) Chanukah
- b) Hanukkah
- c) Hanukah
- d) Chanuka
- e) all of the above
- ****** [SIDE NOTE: All answers are accepted forms of the word, although, both A and B are the most widely used.]
- What 3 words best describe the Grinch - according to the song "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"
- a) stink
- b) stank
- c) stunk
- d) all of the above ******
- What well-known Christmas carol became the first song ever broadcast from space in 1965
- a) Jingle Bells ******
- b) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
- c) Frosty the Snowman
- Christmas fell on the 4th day of Hanukkah in 2019. Why isn't Christmas always the same time as Hanukkah?
- a) Hanukkah is never observed at the same time every year
- b) Hanukkah is decided on every year as to when it will be observed
- c) Hanukkah is observed at the same time every year, but based on the Hebrew calendar ******
- [SIDE NOTE: The Hebrew calendar is lunar, meaning it follows the moon, whereas most of the rest of the world follows a solar-based calendar, which follows the sun. Because the lunar and solar calendars don’t line up precisely, Hanukkah can fall any time from late November to late December]
- Which is the most recorded Christmas song?
- a) Jingle Bells
- b) Silent Night ******
- c) Deck the Halls
- d) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
- [SIDE NOTE: "Silent Night" is the most-recorded Christmas song in history, with over 733 different versions copyrighted since 1978.]
/Check-ins / Answers:
(Y=Checked in, E=Early Check in, L = Late Check in)
- PNR433 - Doug - (Y) - Net Control
- PNR1005 - Kevin - (Y) - Answers: D,E,D, AAB
- PNR1006 - Dawn - (Y) - Answers: D,E,D, ACA
- KK4BFM - Captain Bob - Answers: A,C,D, B,C,D
- Woodworker - Paul - (Y) - Answers: D,B,D, B,C,A
- PNR555 - Trucker - (Y) - Answers: D,B,C, B,C,A
- PNR113 - Patrick - (Y) - Answers: D,B,A, A,C,C
- PNR777 - Paul - (Y) - Answers: A,B,B, C,C,B
- PNR928 - Walter - (Y) - Answers: A,B,D, AB,B
- NR612 - Jeff - (L)